Changing Your Name
Things to know about changing your name:
- Get extra certified copies of your marriage license
- You will need a certified copy for when you get your social security card and license
- Get your Social Security Card changed
- This is the first place to change your name- this is a fee service- which is great!
- After you have received your new social security card- get your license changed
After you have taken these steps, its now time to change your name on all other records. There are a lot of places that your name will need to be changed, so here is a list of places so you don’t forget one:
- Bank Accounts
- School records
- Work- and work documents
- Medical/dental insurance
- Auto registration and auto insurance
- Property titles and mortgages
- Voter registration card
- Investment accounts/401K
- Bank Accounts- may want to join your account before doing the rest:
- Credit/Debit Cards
For most couples, this is a complete list, but for those married later in life you may have more places which require your name to be changed. That could include a Will or life insurance policy.
Mr & Mrs sign ideas are from pinterest- follow us on pinterest for more information!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!