10 Tips for a Successful Outdoor Wedding:
1. Decorations- Outside creates a perfect background for any event. Make sure you still include possibly an arch, lights/lanterns, or extra flowers to accent the natural beauty!
4. Electricity- Double check where electricity is available. This will be helpful when planning your layout. It is best to avoid using an excess of extension cords.
5. Can everybody hear– Make sure to test the sound on any audio/video that you will be using during your ceremony or reception.
6. Make things tasty outside- Make sure that the foods you will be serving will handle well outdoors in the heat. Avoid things containing mayonnaise or dishes that should be served cold.
7. Keep your guests hydrated- If you are serving anything from soda to alcohol; remember that those beverages can be dehydrating. Be sure to have plenty of ice and water around.
8. Bugs- Be sure to put out something to control the bugs. Things such as citronella candles or a bug zapper will help avoid guests from being bothered by pesty bugs.
9. Sun Sun Sun- Consider timing your outdoor wedding to avoid parts of the day where the sun is bright and hot. Possibly plan for a time around sunset or consider your shade options.
10. Permits- If doing a wedding in a city park, be sure to ask about rules concerning trash removal, candle or torch lighting, and photography.